On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 17:46 -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote: > We change regulatory code to be protected by its own regulatory > spinlock and alleviate cfg80211_mutex to only be used to protect > cfg80211_rdev_list, the registered device list. > > By doing this we will be able to work on regulatory core components > without having to have hog up the cfg80211_mutex. An example here is > we no longer need to use the cfg80211_mutex during the country IE > regulatory hint; by doing so we end up curing this new lockdep warning: This is ok with me, but be sure that it changes the API between drivers and cfg80211 -- the reg notifier can no longer sleep now. johannes