On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 11:36 +0200, Helmut Schaa wrote: > Am Mittwoch, 29. Juli 2009 schrieb Johannes Berg: > > On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 14:32 -0700, Reinette Chatre wrote: > > > From: Reinette Chatre > > > > > > The connection monitor currently relies on probe requests paired > > > with probe responses to ensure that a connection is alive. This is > > > fragile in some environments where probe responses can get lost. > > > When we receive beacons we can also consider the connection to be > > > alive, so cancel connection poll instance when we receive a beacon. > > > > > > The debug message "cancelling probereq poll due to a received beacon" > > > is removed as part of this change as this case is hit very often after > > > the above change and debug log receives significant number of these messages. > > > > Not doing that was actually intentional -- we want to know whether or > > not the connection is working both ways, not just whether we can receive > > frames. This can certainly be improved, but I'm not sure this is the > > best approach. > > Just out of curiosity, do direct probe requests get ACKed? Yes, they are normal directed management frames. johannes