On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 02:03 +0400, Igor Perminov wrote: > Jouni suggests to not buffer Auth/Assoc frames at all, independently of > station's PS state. Ok, works for me. > I think, it isn't enough, because an AP should send > a number of EAPOL Key frames after that, which are data frames and > therefore will be buffered anyway. That's not a problem though since the handshake will be in data frames and synchronise the PS state on both ends via the sleep bit. > I think mac80211 in AP mode should reset WLAN_STA_PS flag of the station > (and purge frames having been buffered previously if any) on an event > indicating beginning of authentication. > The event may be one of the following: > A) An Auth frame being received from the station. > B) An Auth frame being sent to the station. > C) A special API call from an application (hostapd), when it is > receiving an Auth frame from the station and is beginning > authentication/association. > > Johannes, what do you think of these approaches? I think this is not necessary. Just make sure that auth/assoc frames aren't buffered. johannes