On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 06:11:39PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote: > On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 09:47:37AM -0700, Dan Williams wrote: > > > It could be that hp-wmi doesn't have support for these models yet, or > > that the dv6-1300sb is simply completely different. But for example, on > > my Elitebook 2530p, there's a softswitch that pokes BIOS, and when BIOS > > is softkilled, the onboard wifi becomes hardkilled. To unkill, I need > > to unblock BIOS, which then either unblocks wifi, or turns the wifi > > hardkill into a softkill. Convoluted. > > Yeah. I'd be interested in seeing the output of acpidump on this > machine, but right now it sounds like b43 is behaving correctly - the > fact that the light is out implies that the bios is killing it. Here you are : linux-vcsl:~ # acpidump > /tmp/acpidump.out Wrong checksum for DSDT! Wrong checksum for SLIC Wrong checksum for SSDT Wrong checksum for DSDT! Wrong checksum for SLIC! Wrong checksum for SSDT! acpidump.out is attached (tar-compressed) I must also add that I currently cannot boot without acpi=off Philippe -- Philippe De Muyter phdm at macqel dot be Tel +32 27029044 Macq Electronique SA rue de l'Aeronef 2 B-1140 Bruxelles Fax +32 27029077