Linux-Wireless Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Sebastian Gottschall <s.gottschall@newmedia-net.de>
To: Josef Miegl <josef@miegl.cz>, linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Implementing Mikrotik IE
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 06:07:02 +0200

Hello

Since i already have done this for dd-wrt for mac80211 i can tell you,
its not easy but possible. the most easy way for broadcasting a custom IE
is just adding a custom IE with its properties to the hostapd
configuration. it does allow to set such properties
so you dont need to change anything in mac80211 which requires some evil
hacks