From: Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>
To: "Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@kernel.org>
Cc: "Arend Van Spriel" <arend.vanspriel@broadcom.com>,
	linux-wireless <linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org>,
	"Rafał Miłecki" <rafal@milecki.pl>
Subject: Re: brcmfmac: don't warn user if requested nvram fails
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 21:39:43 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

On 27-04-17 02:36, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 10:53:57AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

<snip>

>>> I suppose the "nvram file from the Windows install" than has a
>>> redistributable license?
>>
>> IANAL but I fail to see how the contents of this file is
>> anything but functional and as such not copyright-able.
>
> We take licensing serious on linux-firmware, a IANAL is no excuse for
> being sloppy.

I don't mean to be sloppy. As I already stated I plan to make it
clear in the commit msg that there is no license info for the nvram
file and that in my non expert opinion that is not a problem.

If people disagree then we will likely need to ask an actual lawyer
for advice and see from there,

Regards,

Hans