Linux-Wireless Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: "Toke Høiland-Jørgensen" <toke@redhat.com>
To: Miguel Catalan Cid <miguel.catalan@i2cat.net>
Cc: make-wifi-fast@lists.bufferbloat.net, linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [Make-wifi-fast] Support for airtime scheduling using ath10k
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 17:41:27 +0200

Miguel Catalan Cid <miguel.catalan@i2cat.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Do we need to use a specific firmware? It's ok to use the last one from
> kvalo, or should we use the one from candelatech?

Shouldn't matter, I think; the airtime scheduler tries to do its thing
in software. It does have to work around the firmware, to a certain
extent, though, which I suspect is why it doesn't work quite so well as
on ath9k.

Incidentally, this "impedance mismatch" between scheduler and firmware
is what this patch was supposed to fix:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/20191222172423.131033-1-toke@redhat.com/

Never did get around to respinning it, so not sure if it still applies.
If it does, you could try taking it for a spin; otherwise I can try
updating it so you can apply it and test :)

-Toke

      parent reply index