* Authentication Failure when target WiFi's signal strength is below 40% (rtw89)
@ 2021-09-25  3:48 andy200511
From: andy200511 @ 2021-09-25  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hello, dear Realtek engineers:
I am a user of the RTL8852AE card with the rtw89 kernel driver's unofficial DKMS
module AUR package (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rtw89-dkms-git/). I
have experienced some issue of authentication when I tried to connect to a
5Ghz WiFi when its signal strength is below 40%. The specific problem is even
when I give the correct password, the system keeps asking me to provide the
password again (using KDE's NetworkManager, unsure if it is related and have
not yet tested with other wifi managers). This issue solves when I move closer
to my router to gain more signal strength.
Here is the output of dmesg:
http://fars.ee/00U7

* RE: Authentication Failure when target WiFi's signal strength is below 40% (rtw89)
@ 2021-09-27  1:28 ` Pkshih
From: Pkshih @ 2021-09-27  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
> I am a user of the RTL8852AE card with the rtw89 kernel driver's unofficial
> DKMS module AUR package
> (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rtw89-dkms-git/). I have experienced
> some issue of authentication when I tried to connect to a 5Ghz WiFi when its
> signal strength is below 40%. The specific problem is even when I give the
> correct password, the system keeps asking me to provide the password again
> (using KDE's NetworkManager, unsure if it is related and have not yet tested
> with other wifi managers). This issue solves when I move closer to my router
> to gain more signal strength.
> Here is the output of dmesg:
> http://fars.ee/00U7

Hi,

We have fixed similar symptom by v6 submitted on end of August, but
the last update of DKMS module you took is 2021-07-08 06:29.
So, I suggest to try the novel version of rtw89, and use the novel
firmware as well. Please reference to [1]

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/20210820043538.12424-1-pkshih@realtek.com/

--
Ping-Ke