On Tue, 25 Jan 2022, Martinez, Ricardo wrote: > On 1/24/2022 6:51 AM, Ilpo Järvinen wrote: > > On Thu, 13 Jan 2022, Ricardo Martinez wrote: > > > +int t7xx_fsm_append_cmd(struct t7xx_fsm_ctl *ctl, enum t7xx_fsm_cmd_state > > > cmd_id, unsigned int flag) > > No callsite in this patch seems to care about the error code, is it ok? > > Even though there's no recovery path (like retry) for t7xx_fsm_append_cmd() > failures, it makes sense to > > propagate the error instead of ignoring it, will add that in the next version. > > > E.g.: > > > +int t7xx_md_init(struct t7xx_pci_dev *t7xx_dev) > > > +{ > > > ... > > If this returns an error, does it mean init/probe stalls? Or is there > > some backup to restart? > An error here will cause probe to fail, there's no recovery path for this. Just to clarify, I think you misunderstood what I meant as you cut the critical line out in the reply. ...I meant heare that if t7xx_fsm_append_cmd returns an error, it will not make the probe to fail but lead to probe stalling (which propagating the error you intend to do will nicely address). -- i.