On 8/8/2021 8:05 PM, Dmitry Osipenko wrote: > From: Linus Walleij > > The patch that would first try the board-specific firmware > had a bug because the fallback would not be called: the > asynchronous interface is used meaning request_firmware_nowait() > returns 0 immediately. > > Harden the firmware loading like this: > > - If we cannot build an alt_path (like if no board_type is > specified) just request the first firmware without any > suffix, like in the past. > > - If the lookup of a board specific firmware fails, we get > a NULL fw in the async callback, so just try again without > the alt_path from a dedicated brcm_fw_request_done_alt_path > callback. > > - Drop the unnecessary prototype of brcm_fw_request_done. > > - Added MODULE_FIRMWARE match for per-board SDIO bins, making > userspace tools to pull all the relevant firmware files. The original idea was to setup the path names in brcmf_fw_alloc_request() function, but with the introduction of the board_type for NVRAM files that was abandoned and we cook up alternative paths. Now similar is done for the firmware files. So I would want to rework the code, but for now I am going with Linus's/Your fix for the sake of having the regression more or less quickly resolved. You reported an issue earlier where the firmware callback was called from the probe context causing it to hang and it is not clear to me whether that is fixed with this version of the patch. Regards, Arend -- This electronic communication and the information and any files transmitted with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged, protected by privacy laws, or otherwise restricted from disclosure to anyone else. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying, distributing, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please return the e-mail to the sender, delete it from your computer, and destroy any printed copy of it.