* virtual access poitns (ath5k/mac80211)
@ 2010-08-01  1:53 Ryszard
From: Ryszard @ 2010-08-01  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Hi all,

i'm working on a project that requires i can create multiple access
points on the one bit of hardware.  After an insane amount of googling
and reading the lists the closest i've been able to come up with is
something along the lines of:
iw dev wlan0 interface add vap0 type __ap
iw dev wlan0 interface add vap1 type __ap

then using macchanger to assign unique mac addresses.

I've also seen something from March 2009
(http://lwn.net/Articles/321690/) that hints at the functionality
available with the ath9k which gave me a bit of hope!

My question is, is it possible to create multiple virtual access
points with my hardware ( Atheros Communications Inc. AR5413 802.11abg
) and the ath5k/mac80211 drivers (or is there some other method to
achieve what i'm after) ?  i'm not too fussed about different
channels, but different SSID's and WPA keys are a requirement for the
project.

regs
ryszard

* Re: virtual access poitns (ath5k/mac80211)
@ 2010-08-01  9:37 ` Florian Fainelli
From: Florian Fainelli @ 2010-08-01  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryszard, Patrick McHardy, Ben Greear; +Cc: linux-wireless

Hi,

Le Sunday 1 August 2010 03:53:13, Ryszard a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> i'm working on a project that requires i can create multiple access
> points on the one bit of hardware.  After an insane amount of googling
> and reading the lists the closest i've been able to come up with is
> something along the lines of:
> iw dev wlan0 interface add vap0 type __ap
> iw dev wlan0 interface add vap1 type __ap
>
> then using macchanger to assign unique mac addresses.
>
> I've also seen something from March 2009
> (http://lwn.net/Articles/321690/) that hints at the functionality
> available with the ath9k which gave me a bit of hope!
>
> My question is, is it possible to create multiple virtual access
> points with my hardware ( Atheros Communications Inc. AR5413 802.11abg
> ) and the ath5k/mac80211 drivers (or is there some other method to
> achieve what i'm after) ?  i'm not too fussed about different
> channels, but different SSID's and WPA keys are a requirement for the
> project.

There is support for creating virtual interfaces using iw and ath5k here:
http://www.candelatech.com/oss/vsta.html

I really wish someone could submit this mainline, unfortunately it is pretty
hard to isolate the commits in this tree which are implementing virtual
interfaces support.

Ben, Patrick, could you rebase your patches on top of wireless-testing and
send them for review/testing?
--
Florian

* Re: virtual access poitns (ath5k/mac80211)
@ 2010-08-01 20:56   ` Ryszard
From: Ryszard @ 2010-08-01 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Fainelli; +Cc: Patrick McHardy, Ben Greear, linux-wireless

Hey Florian,

thanks for the help on this! Ben/Patrick, if you rebase the patches
for this functionality, i'm more than happy and willing to do userland
testing on this to move it along.

regs

@ 2010-08-01 22:21     ` Ben Greear
       [not found]       ` <AANLkTi=FEFrKdXUHN-h-BZruvNzSmwXdPcq9-OgZcFAM@mail.gmail.com>
From: Ben Greear @ 2010-08-01 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryszard; +Cc: Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

On 08/01/2010 01:56 PM, Ryszard wrote:
> Hey Florian,
>
> thanks for the help on this! Ben/Patrick, if you rebase the patches
> for this functionality, i'm more than happy and willing to do userland
> testing on this to move it along.
>
> regs
>
> On 1 August 2010 19:37, Florian Fainelli<florian@openwrt.org>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Le Sunday 1 August 2010 03:53:13, Ryszard a écrit :
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> i'm working on a project that requires i can create multiple access
>>> points on the one bit of hardware.  After an insane amount of googling
>>> and reading the lists the closest i've been able to come up with is
>>> something along the lines of:
>>> iw dev wlan0 interface add vap0 type __ap
>>> iw dev wlan0 interface add vap1 type __ap
>>>
>>> then using macchanger to assign unique mac addresses.
>>>
>>> I've also seen something from March 2009
>>> (http://lwn.net/Articles/321690/) that hints at the functionality
>>> available with the ath9k which gave me a bit of hope!
>>>
>>> My question is, is it possible to create multiple virtual access
>>> points with my hardware ( Atheros Communications Inc. AR5413 802.11abg
>>> ) and the ath5k/mac80211 drivers (or is there some other method to
>>> achieve what i'm after) ?  i'm not too fussed about different
>>> channels, but different SSID's and WPA keys are a requirement for the
>>> project.
>>
>> There is support for creating virtual interfaces using iw and ath5k here:
>> http://www.candelatech.com/oss/vsta.html
>>
>> I really wish someone could submit this mainline, unfortunately it is pretty
>> hard to isolate the commits in this tree which are implementing virtual
>> interfaces support.
>>
>> Ben, Patrick, could you rebase your patches on top of wireless-testing and
>> send them for review/testing?

You would not believe how hard it is to keep up with the wireless tree.  Last time,
by the time we had something stable, upstream had changed too much to merge.

The merge from .31 to .34 was basically not happening, so we are trying to
re-do things from scratch.  I've been busy working on other .34 bugs (and
updating our user-space stuff to work with .34), and haven't heard from
Patrick in a while.

We plan to get this done, but I don't know when.

For what it's worth, our .31 code works pretty well, supporting virtual STA
and APs and deals with multiple STAs trying to all scan at once, etc.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>

@ 2010-08-02  5:00         ` Ben Greear
       [not found]           ` <AANLkTim8i245P0nGcnpsf63_O8xXeby9re=pX53WfOwV@mail.gmail.com>
From: Ben Greear @ 2010-08-02  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryszard; +Cc: Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

On 08/01/2010 06:51 PM, Ryszard wrote:
> Hey ben,
>
> thanks for the reply on this.
>
> perhaps i'm missing something fundamental along the way.  here is what
> i've done:
>
> iw dev phy0 interface add sta0 type station
> iw dev wlan0 interface add sta0 type station
> iw dev wlan0 interface add sta1 type station
>
> iw dev wlan0 interface add vap0 type __ap
> iw dev wlan0 interface add vap1 type __a
>
> vap1, vap0, sta0 and sta1_rename
>
> output from iwconfig:
> wlan0     IEEE 802.11abg  ESSID:off/any
>           Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=20 dBm
>           Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
>           Encryption key:off
>           Power Management:off
> sta0      IEEE 802.11abg  ESSID:off/any
>           Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=20 dBm
>           Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
>           Encryption key:off
>           Power Management:off
> sta1_rename  IEEE 802.11abg  ESSID:off/any
>           Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=20 dBm
>           Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
>           Encryption key:off
>           Power Management:off
> vap0      IEEE 802.11abg  ESSID:off/any
>           Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=20 dBm
>           Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
>           Encryption key:off
>           Power Management:off
> vap1      IEEE 802.11abg  Mode:Master  Frequency:2.457 GHz  Tx-Power=20 dBm
>           Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
>           Power Management:off
> to get the interface up i've used macchanger on one of the vap
> interfaces.  I've also got (isc) DHCP set and listening on the vapn and
> when i run hostapd on the vapn interface i get mon.vapn .  using a
> wireless client, i can get an ip address assigned from one interface
> (vap0), but not the other.  I also get a call trace in syslog which i
> guess could be the very problem.
>
> I realise i've not listed a specific course of events/driver versions
> i've followed here, but i am willing to lay it all down in a blow by
> blow repeatable sequence if thats what it takes.  in fact aside from
> coding (i'm not a coder except for perl) i'm willing to do whatever to
> get it working, and provide any doco for the community...

Well, please show the trace.  Also, are you loading the driver with
hwcrypt disabled?

Here are my notes (ath9k doesn't work yet, btw).

# Make udev get out of the way

vi /etc/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules
or, for F11:
vi /lib/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules

# device name whitelist
#KERNEL!="eth*|ath*|wlan*[0-9]|ra*|sta*|ctc*|lcs*|hsi*", GOTO="persistent_net_generator_end"
KERNEL!="eth*|ath*|ra*|ctc*|lcs*|hsi*", GOTO="persistent_net_generator_end"

# Skip virtual interfaces of all types.
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", ATTR(iflink)!="0", GOTO="persistent_net_generator_end"

# delete lines similar to this in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules, if it exists.
# PCI device 0x168c:0x0013 (ath5k)
SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTR{address}=="00:0b:6b:83:5f:a6", ATTR{type}=="1", NAME="wlan0"

# Fix up modprobe.conf to turn off hwaccel for ath5k:
echo options ath5k nohwcrypt=1 >> /etc/modprobe.d/ath5k.conf
echo options ath9k nohwcrypt=1 >> /etc/modprobe.d/ath9k.conf

# Mount debug-fs
echo debugfs                 /debug                  debugfs    defaults        0 0 >> /etc/fstab
mkdir /debug

--

@ 2010-08-07  5:23             ` Ryszard
From: Ryszard @ 2010-08-07  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear; +Cc: Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

hey ben,

i've spend a day attempting to get the kernel installed but am not
having much luck.. the box i'm installing on is an alix
(http://www.pcengines.ch/alix2d13.htm, amd geode) which has an ubuntu
lucid kernel on it.

the error message i'm getting (before it drops to an initramfs) is:
Gave up waiting for root device.  Common problems:
 - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
   - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?)
   - Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?)
 - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
chvt: can't open console
ALERT! /dev/disk/by-uuid/371f6b1f-0267-41c1-94d6-4068567af74f does not
exist. Dropping to a shell!

BusyBox v1.13.3 (Ubuntu 1:1.13.3-1ubuntu11) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs)

while the error message may seem obvious (that it cant find the disk)
i'm unsure how to proceed.. are you able to give any tips at all?
(i'll keep plugging away in the meantime)
regs

@ 2010-08-08 18:51               ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2010-08-08 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryszard; +Cc: Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

On 08/06/2010 10:23 PM, Ryszard wrote:
> hey ben,
>
> i've spend a day attempting to get the kernel installed but am not
> having much luck.. the box i'm installing on is an alix
> (http://www.pcengines.ch/alix2d13.htm, amd geode) which has an ubuntu
> lucid kernel on it.

For whatever reason, you didn't seem to install the kernel properly.
If you're trying to put this on a live-cd, then you have too mess with
the initrd...do some google searching on ubuntu's wiki.

Ben

--

@ 2010-08-09 23:58                 ` Ryszard
From: Ryszard @ 2010-08-09 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear; +Cc: Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

thanks for the info.  FWIW, it did install correctly, its just not
configured correctly and i was hoping you had a tip.  no worries, i'll
do a bit more searching.  i'm not putting it on a live CD, just trying
to install it on a running system.

OAN, could it be worth it if i attempted to integrate your patches
with a later rev of the kernel? i'm not terribly experienced with it,
but perhaps could make some progress with a little guidance.

@ 2010-08-10  0:05                   ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2010-08-10  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryszard; +Cc: Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

On 08/09/2010 04:58 PM, Ryszard wrote:
> thanks for the info.  FWIW, it did install correctly, its just not
> configured correctly and i was hoping you had a tip.  no worries, i'll
> do a bit more searching.  i'm not putting it on a live CD, just trying
> to install it on a running system.
>
> OAN, could it be worth it if i attempted to integrate your patches
> with a later rev of the kernel? i'm not terribly experienced with it,
> but perhaps could make some progress with a little guidance.

You are welcome to try, but I think it will be difficult and I don't
have time to help you.

I'm still clearing other projects out of the way before I get started
on wifi again...

Thanks,
Ben

--

@ 2010-08-10  0:11                     ` Ryszard
From: Ryszard @ 2010-08-10  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear; +Cc: Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

ok dude, no worries, i'll keep hacking away at configuring the kernel..

when you get back to wireless please feel free to hit me up for any
help/testing i can do..

@ 2010-08-10 16:54       ` Luis R. Rodriguez
From: Luis R. Rodriguez @ 2010-08-10 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear; +Cc: Ryszard, Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> wrote:
> On 08/01/2010 01:56 PM, Ryszard wrote:
>>
>> Hey Florian,
>>
>> thanks for the help on this! Ben/Patrick, if you rebase the patches
>> for this functionality, i'm more than happy and willing to do userland
>> testing on this to move it along.
>>
>> regs
>>
>> On 1 August 2010 19:37, Florian Fainelli<florian@openwrt.org>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> There is support for creating virtual interfaces using iw and ath5k here:
>>> http://www.candelatech.com/oss/vsta.html
>>>
>>> I really wish someone could submit this mainline, unfortunately it is
>>> pretty
>>> hard to isolate the commits in this tree which are implementing virtual
>>> interfaces support.
>>>
>>> Ben, Patrick, could you rebase your patches on top of wireless-testing
>>> and
>>> send them for review/testing?
>
> You would not believe how hard it is to keep up with the wireless tree.
>  Last time,
> by the time we had something stable, upstream had changed too much to merge.

This is why you should not do your development outside of
wireless-testing. If you are doing development on a stable kernel tree
then you will likely run into huge issues. You should do development
on wireless-testing.git, always rebase when John has a new update, and
break your changes out into a small changes as possible. If you follow
these basic rules I believe you will likely have better luck with
keeping your code up to date.

  Luis

* Re: virtual access poitns (ath5k/mac80211)
@ 2010-08-10 17:06         ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2010-08-10 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis R. Rodriguez
  Cc: Ryszard, Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

On 08/10/2010 09:54 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Ben Greear<greearb@candelatech.com>  wrote:

>> You would not believe how hard it is to keep up with the wireless tree.
>>   Last time,
>> by the time we had something stable, upstream had changed too much to merge.
>
> This is why you should not do your development outside of
> wireless-testing. If you are doing development on a stable kernel tree
> then you will likely run into huge issues. You should do development
> on wireless-testing.git, always rebase when John has a new update, and
> break your changes out into a small changes as possible. If you follow
> these basic rules I believe you will likely have better luck with
> keeping your code up to date.

That sounds nice, but at that time I was carrying a lot of other patches
needed to make my test environment work.  Fortunately, .35 pretty much
works out of the box, so I can develop on pristine upstream kernels now.

Thanks,
Ben

--

@ 2010-08-10 17:39           ` Luis R. Rodriguez
From: Luis R. Rodriguez @ 2010-08-10 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear; +Cc: Ryszard, Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> wrote:
> On 08/10/2010 09:54 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Ben Greear<greearb@candelatech.com>
>>  wrote:
>
>>> You would not believe how hard it is to keep up with the wireless tree.
>>>  Last time,
>>> by the time we had something stable, upstream had changed too much to
>>> merge.
>>
>> This is why you should not do your development outside of
>> wireless-testing. If you are doing development on a stable kernel tree
>> then you will likely run into huge issues. You should do development
>> on wireless-testing.git, always rebase when John has a new update, and
>> break your changes out into a small changes as possible. If you follow
>> these basic rules I believe you will likely have better luck with
>> keeping your code up to date.
>
> That sounds nice, but at that time I was carrying a lot of other patches
> needed to make my test environment work.  Fortunately, .35 pretty much
> works out of the box, so I can develop on pristine upstream kernels now.

Do not work on "pristine kernels" work on wireless-testing.git.

  Luis

* Re: virtual access poitns (ath5k/mac80211)
@ 2010-08-21  3:07           ` Ryszard
From: Ryszard @ 2010-08-21  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear
  Cc: Luis R. Rodriguez, Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

I've managed to compile and get bens kernel installed.  the problem i
had (for future reference) was the physical media not being
recognised.  adding rootdelay=130 to the kernel options seemed to have
fixed that.

@ 2010-08-23  4:43             ` Ryszard
From: Ryszard @ 2010-08-23  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear
  Cc: Luis R. Rodriguez, Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

now that i've got the kernel installed and working, i need to get some
modules installed.

I'm making the kernel with make-kpkg and want to do a make-kpkg
modules_install but am getting this error:
root@bssapp1:~/linux-2.6.dev.31.y# time make-kpkg modules_image
exec debian/rules  DEBIAN_REVISION=2.6.31.12-10.00.Custom  modules_image
for module in  ; do                       \
          if test -d  $module; then                                \
            (cd $module;                                          \
              if ./debian/rules KVERS="2.6.31.12"
KSRC="/home/jwilliams/linux-2.6.dev.31.y" \
                             KMAINT="Unknown Kernel Package
Maintainer" KEMAIL="unknown@unconfigured.in.etc.kernel-pkg.conf"
\

KPKG_DEST_DIR="/home/jwilliams/linux-2.6.dev.31.y/.."       \
                             KPKG_MAINTAINER="Unknown Kernel Package
Maintainer"        \
                             KPKG_EXTRAV_ARG=""        \
                             ARCH="i386"         \
                             KDREV="2.6.31.12-10.00.Custom"
kdist_image; then    \
                  echo "Module $module processed fine";            \
              else                                                  \
                   echo "Module $module failed.";                  \
                   if [ "X" != "X" ]; then      \
                      echo "Perhaps $module does not understand --rootcmd?";  \
                      echo "If you see messages that indicate that it is not"; \
                      echo "in fact being built as root, please file a bug ";  \
                      echo "against $module.";                     \
                   fi;                                              \
                   echo "Hit return to Continue";                   \
                 read ans;                                        \
              fi;                                                   \
             );                                                    \
          else                                                      \
               echo "Module $module does not exist";               \
               echo "Hit return to Continue?";                      \
          fi;                                                       \
        done

real    0m6.557s
user    0m4.050s
sys     0m2.810s
root@bssapp1:~/linux-2.6.dev.31.y#

does anyone have a hint or tip for me?!

regs
Jason

@ 2010-08-30  2:47               ` Ryszard
From: Ryszard @ 2010-08-30  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear
  Cc: Luis R. Rodriguez, Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

hi all,

just to follow up with my progress on this.  i've managed to get it
all working, that is, virtual wireless access points with Bens custom
kernel and hostapd.

one issue i had was the default routing that was being set up.  for
some reason, networks 172.16.0.0/255.255.0.0 was being associated with
vap1 and vap0.  i've manually worked around that by issuing route del
and the appropriate route add commands in rc.local (ubuntu based
distro).

unfort my interfaces are dynamically allocated IP addresses, so i dont
think i can put this info into the /etc/network/interfaces file,
however if anyone has any tips on how to make this a little more
elegant, i'm all ears!

any any regard, i'd like to thank ben for his custom kernel and work
on getting vaps to work with the ath5k drivers!!

regs

@ 2010-08-30 23:52                 ` Ryszard
From: Ryszard @ 2010-08-30 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear
  Cc: Luis R. Rodriguez, Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

hey ben,

i've set everything up and have all the routing working etc etc. it
seems as tho' there is one last issue i'm hoping you can point me in
the right direction with.

When the device i'm working on boots i've got hostapd starting up with
two VAP's (vap0 and vap1).  when i connect to on AP everything goes
well and i can send and receive traffic, however when i disconnect and
reconnect to the other AP it seems as tho' the client connection
hangs.

Inspecting syslog shows all the dhcp information  for the 1st
connection, however there is nothing in syslog for the 2nd connection.

have you seen this, or have an idea why it may happen by chance?

regs

[cross posted to the hostapd mailing list]

* Re: virtual access poitns (ath5k/mac80211)
@ 2010-08-31  0:05                   ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2010-08-31  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryszard
  Cc: Luis R. Rodriguez, Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

On 08/30/2010 04:52 PM, Ryszard wrote:
> hey ben,
>
> i've set everything up and have all the routing working etc etc. it
> seems as tho' there is one last issue i'm hoping you can point me in
> the right direction with.
>
> When the device i'm working on boots i've got hostapd starting up with
> two VAP's (vap0 and vap1).  when i connect to on AP everything goes
> well and i can send and receive traffic, however when i disconnect and
> reconnect to the other AP it seems as tho' the client connection
> hangs.
>
> Inspecting syslog shows all the dhcp information  for the 1st
> connection, however there is nothing in syslog for the 2nd connection.
>
> have you seen this, or have an idea why it may happen by chance?

Make sure both APs are configured on the same channel in hostapd?

An example of two of my hostapd config files are below, in case that helps:

[root@lanforge-D0-20 wifi]# more hostapd_vap0.conf
### Auto-generated by LANforge...do not attempt to modify.
interface=vap0
driver=nl80211
logger_syslog=-1
logger_syslog_level=2
logger_stdout=-1
logger_stdout_level=2
dump_file=wifi/hostapd_vap0.dump
ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
ctrl_interface_group=0
ssid=
bssid=00:1f:f1:d0:0f:00
country_code=US
ieee80211d=0
hw_mode=a
channel=1
beacon_int=240
dtim_period=2
max_num_sta=2007
rts_threshold=2347
fragm_threshold=2346
preamble=0
macaddr_acl=0
auth_algs=3
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
wme_enabled=0
wme_ac_bk_cwmin=4
wme_ac_bk_cwmax=10
wme_ac_bk_aifs=7
wme_ac_bk_txop_limit=0
wme_ac_bk_acm=0
wme_ac_be_aifs=3
wme_ac_be_cwmin=4
wme_ac_be_cwmax=10
wme_ac_be_txop_limit=0
wme_ac_be_acm=0
wme_ac_vi_aifs=2
wme_ac_vi_cwmin=3
wme_ac_vi_cwmax=4
wme_ac_vi_txop_limit=94
wme_ac_vi_acm=0
wme_ac_vo_aifs=2
wme_ac_vo_cwmin=2
wme_ac_vo_cwmax=3
wme_ac_vo_txop_limit=47
wme_ac_vo_acm=0
ieee8021x=0
eapol_key_index_workaround=0
eap_server=0
own_ip_addr=127.0.0.1
[root@lanforge-D0-20 wifi]# more hostapd_vap1.conf
### Auto-generated by LANforge...do not attempt to modify.
interface=vap1
driver=nl80211
logger_syslog=-1
logger_syslog_level=2
logger_stdout=-1
logger_stdout_level=2
dump_file=wifi/hostapd_vap1.dump
ctrl_interface=/var/run/hostapd
ctrl_interface_group=0
ssid=
bssid=00:1f:f1:d0:0f:01
[...]

If you still have no luck, please send output of:

ifconfig -a

route -n

tail -200 /var/log/messages

dmesg

on your VAP machine.

Thanks,
Ben

--

@ 2010-08-31  0:29                     ` Ryszard
From: Ryszard @ 2010-08-31  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear
  Cc: Luis R. Rodriguez, Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

ah, that might be it! i've got them configured on different channels.
i'm not at home now, but will check it in probably about 10 hours or
so and let you know..

thanks once again for the quick reply!!

@ 2010-08-31 10:19                       ` Ryszard
From: Ryszard @ 2010-08-31 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear
  Cc: Luis R. Rodriguez, Florian Fainelli, Patrick McHardy, linux-wireless

ben,  setting the AP's to the same channel works! thx :-)