From: Tony Chuang <yhchuang@realtek.com>
To: "Brian Norris" <briannorris@chromium.org>, 고준 <gojun077@gmail.com>
Cc: linux-wireless <linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org>,
	"<netdev@vger.kernel.org>" <netdev@vger.kernel.org>,
	Linux Kernel <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: Realtek r8822be wireless card fails to work with new rtw88 kernel module
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 02:33:25 +0000	[thread overview]

> + yhchuang
>
> On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 7:32 AM 고준 <gojun077@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I recently reported a bug to Ubuntu regarding a regression in wireless
> > driver support for the Realtek r8822be wireless chipset. The issue
> > link on launchpad is:
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1838133
> >
> > After Canonical developers triaged the bug they determined that the
> > problem lies upstream, and instructed me to send mails to the relevant
> > kernel module maintainers at Realtek and to the general kernel.org
> > mailing list.
> >
> > I built kernel 5.3.0-rc1+ with the latest realtek drivers from
> > wireless-drivers-next but my Realtek r8822be doesn't work with
> > rtw88/rtwpci kernel modules.
> >
> > Please let me know if there is any additional information I can
> > provide that would help in debugging this issue.
>
> Any chance this would help you?
>
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11065631/
>
> Somebody else was complaining about 8822be regressions that were fixed
> with that.

I hope it could fix it.

And as "r8822be" was dropped, it is preferred to use "rtw88" instead.
I have received two kinds of failures that cause driver stop working.
One is the MSI interrupt should be enabled on certain platforms.
Another is the RFE type of the card, could you send more dmesg to me?

Yan-Hsuan