Linux-WPAN Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / color / Atom feed
* WARNING in ieee802154_del_seclevel
@ 2021-02-22  9:44 syzbot
  2021-03-30 21:08 ` [syzbot] " syzbot
  2021-03-31 21:03 ` syzbot
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: syzbot @ 2021-02-22  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alex.aring, davem, kuba, linux-kernel, linux-wpan, netdev,
	stefan, syzkaller-bugs

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    f40ddce8 Linux 5.11
git tree:       upstream
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=1032cfacd00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=67894355b1dbeb07
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=fbf4fc11a819824e027b
userspace arch: arm

Unfortunately, I don't have any reproducer for this issue yet.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: syzbot+fbf4fc11a819824e027b@syzkaller.appspotmail.com

------------[ cut here ]------------
DEBUG_LOCKS_WARN_ON(lock->magic != lock)
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 18095 at kernel/locking/mutex.c:938 __mutex_lock_common kernel/locking/mutex.c:938 [inline]
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 18095 at kernel/locking/mutex.c:938 __mutex_lock+0x428/0x99c kernel/locking/mutex.c:1103
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0 PID: 18095 Comm: syz-executor.1 Not tainted 5.11.0-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: linux,dummy-virt (DT)
pstate: 60000005 (nZCv daif -PAN -UAO -TCO BTYPE=--)
pc : __mutex_lock_common kernel/locking/mutex.c:938 [inline]
pc : __mutex_lock+0x428/0x99c kernel/locking/mutex.c:1103
lr : __mutex_lock_common kernel/locking/mutex.c:938 [inline]
lr : __mutex_lock+0x428/0x99c kernel/locking/mutex.c:1103
sp : ffff00003ce07150
x29: ffff00003ce07150 x28: ffff80001aa29cc0 
x27: ffff80001ba7e000 x26: ffff800019180000 
x25: 0000000000000000 x24: 0000000000000000 
x23: ffff8000167ed574 x22: 0000000000000002 
x21: ffff800016b3d720 x20: 1fffe000079c0e3a 
x19: ffff000032e08c90 x18: 0000000000000001 
x17: 0000000000000000 x16: 0000000000000000 
x15: 0000000000000000 x14: 0000000000000000 
x13: 0000000000000000 x12: ffff60000d44eb84 
x11: 1fffe0000d44eb83 x10: ffff60000d44eb83 
x9 : dfff800000000000 x8 : ffff00006a275c1b 
x7 : 0000000000000001 x6 : 00009ffff2bb147d 
x5 : ffff00006a275c18 x4 : 1fffe00001ec5001 
x3 : dfff800000000000 x2 : 0000000000000000 
x1 : 0000000000000000 x0 : ffff00000f628000 
Call trace:
 __mutex_lock_common kernel/locking/mutex.c:938 [inline]
 __mutex_lock+0x428/0x99c kernel/locking/mutex.c:1103
 mutex_lock_nested+0x78/0x100 kernel/locking/mutex.c:1118
 ieee802154_del_seclevel+0x44/0x84 net/mac802154/cfg.c:382
 rdev_del_seclevel net/ieee802154/rdev-ops.h:284 [inline]
 nl802154_del_llsec_seclevel+0x14c/0x200 net/ieee802154/nl802154.c:2093
 genl_family_rcv_msg_doit+0x1b8/0x2a0 net/netlink/genetlink.c:739
 genl_family_rcv_msg net/netlink/genetlink.c:783 [inline]
 genl_rcv_msg+0x24c/0x430 net/netlink/genetlink.c:800
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x198/0x34c net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2494
 genl_rcv+0x38/0x50 net/netlink/genetlink.c:811
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1304 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x3e0/0x670 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1330
 netlink_sendmsg+0x610/0xa20 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1919
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:652 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg+0xc0/0xf4 net/socket.c:672
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x548/0x6d0 net/socket.c:2345
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xf4/0x170 net/socket.c:2399
 __sys_sendmsg+0xbc/0x14c net/socket.c:2432
 __compat_sys_sendmsg net/compat.c:347 [inline]
 __do_compat_sys_sendmsg net/compat.c:354 [inline]
 __se_compat_sys_sendmsg net/compat.c:351 [inline]
 __arm64_compat_sys_sendmsg+0x74/0xac net/compat.c:351
 __invoke_syscall arch/arm64/kernel/syscall.c:37 [inline]
 invoke_syscall arch/arm64/kernel/syscall.c:49 [inline]
 el0_svc_common.constprop.0+0x110/0x3c0 arch/arm64/kernel/syscall.c:159
 do_el0_svc_compat+0x40/0x80 arch/arm64/kernel/syscall.c:204
 el0_svc_compat+0x20/0x30 arch/arm64/kernel/entry-common.c:442
 el0_sync_compat_handler+0x90/0x140 arch/arm64/kernel/entry-common.c:451
 el0_sync_compat+0x178/0x180 arch/arm64/kernel/entry.S:708


---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at syzkaller@googlegroups.com.

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [syzbot] WARNING in ieee802154_del_seclevel
  2021-02-22  9:44 WARNING in ieee802154_del_seclevel syzbot
@ 2021-03-30 21:08 ` syzbot
  2021-03-31 21:03 ` syzbot
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: syzbot @ 2021-03-30 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alex.aring, davem, info, kuba, linux-kernel, linux-wpan, netdev,
	stefan, syzkaller-bugs

syzbot has found a reproducer for the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    37f368d8 lan743x: remove redundant intializations of point..
git tree:       net-next
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=11ede3bed00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=7eff0f22b8563a5f
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=fbf4fc11a819824e027b
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=16d31a11d00000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=12ca3611d00000

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: syzbot+fbf4fc11a819824e027b@syzkaller.appspotmail.com

------------[ cut here ]------------
DEBUG_LOCKS_WARN_ON(lock->magic != lock)
WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 8394 at kernel/locking/mutex.c:931 __mutex_lock_common kernel/locking/mutex.c:931 [inline]
WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 8394 at kernel/locking/mutex.c:931 __mutex_lock+0xc0b/0x1120 kernel/locking/mutex.c:1096
Modules linked in:
CPU: 1 PID: 8394 Comm: syz-executor533 Not tainted 5.12.0-rc4-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
RIP: 0010:__mutex_lock_common kernel/locking/mutex.c:931 [inline]
RIP: 0010:__mutex_lock+0xc0b/0x1120 kernel/locking/mutex.c:1096
Code: 08 84 d2 0f 85 a3 04 00 00 8b 05 18 cb be 04 85 c0 0f 85 12 f5 ff ff 48 c7 c6 20 8b 6b 89 48 c7 c7 e0 88 6b 89 e8 b2 3b bd ff <0f> 0b e9 f8 f4 ff ff 65 48 8b 1c 25 00 f0 01 00 be 08 00 00 00 48
RSP: 0018:ffffc90002a2f3f8 EFLAGS: 00010286
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: 0000000000000000 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: ffff888020b554c0 RSI: ffffffff815c51f5 RDI: fffff52000545e71
RBP: ffff8880195a4c90 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: ffffffff815bdf8e R11: 0000000000000000 R12: 0000000000000000
R13: dffffc0000000000 R14: ffffc90002a2f5a8 R15: ffff888014580014
FS:  0000000001f49300(0000) GS:ffff8880b9d00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 00007ffc43046ba8 CR3: 0000000011a5a000 CR4: 00000000001506e0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
 ieee802154_del_seclevel+0x3f/0x70 net/mac802154/cfg.c:382
 rdev_del_seclevel net/ieee802154/rdev-ops.h:284 [inline]
 nl802154_del_llsec_seclevel+0x1a7/0x250 net/ieee802154/nl802154.c:2093
 genl_family_rcv_msg_doit+0x228/0x320 net/netlink/genetlink.c:739
 genl_family_rcv_msg net/netlink/genetlink.c:783 [inline]
 genl_rcv_msg+0x328/0x580 net/netlink/genetlink.c:800
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x153/0x420 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2502
 genl_rcv+0x24/0x40 net/netlink/genetlink.c:811
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1312 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x533/0x7d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1338
 netlink_sendmsg+0x856/0xd90 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1927
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:654 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg+0xcf/0x120 net/socket.c:674
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x6e8/0x810 net/socket.c:2350
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xf3/0x170 net/socket.c:2404
 __sys_sendmsg+0xe5/0x1b0 net/socket.c:2433
 do_syscall_64+0x2d/0x70 arch/x86/entry/common.c:46
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae
RIP: 0033:0x440909
Code: 28 00 00 00 75 05 48 83 c4 28 c3 e8 e1 14 00 00 90 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 73 01 c3 48 c7 c1 c0 ff ff ff f7 d8 64 89 01 48
RSP: 002b:00007ffc43047c38 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00000000004004a0 RCX: 0000000000440909
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 00000000200002c0 RDI: 0000000000000006
RBP: 0000000000000000 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 00007ffc43047dd8
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000403c10
R13: 431bde82d7b634db R14: 00000000004ae018 R15: 00000000004004a0


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [syzbot] WARNING in ieee802154_del_seclevel
  2021-02-22  9:44 WARNING in ieee802154_del_seclevel syzbot
  2021-03-30 21:08 ` [syzbot] " syzbot
@ 2021-03-31 21:03 ` syzbot
  2021-04-01 13:30   ` Alan Stern
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: syzbot @ 2021-03-31 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: a, alex.aring, b.a.t.m.a.n, davem, info, jkosina, kuba,
	linux-kernel, linux-wpan, mareklindner, netdev, stefan, stern,
	sw, syzkaller-bugs

syzbot has bisected this issue to:

commit 416dacb819f59180e4d86a5550052033ebb6d72c
Author: Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
Date:   Wed Aug 21 17:27:12 2019 +0000

    HID: hidraw: Fix invalid read in hidraw_ioctl

bisection log:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/bisect.txt?x=127430fcd00000
start commit:   6e5a03bc ethernet/netronome/nfp: Fix a use after free in n..
git tree:       net
final oops:     https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/report.txt?x=117430fcd00000
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=167430fcd00000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=daeff30c2474a60f
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=fbf4fc11a819824e027b
syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=13bfe45ed00000
C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=1188e31ad00000

Reported-by: syzbot+fbf4fc11a819824e027b@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
Fixes: 416dacb819f5 ("HID: hidraw: Fix invalid read in hidraw_ioctl")

For information about bisection process see: https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bisection

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [syzbot] WARNING in ieee802154_del_seclevel
  2021-03-31 21:03 ` syzbot
@ 2021-04-01 13:30   ` Alan Stern
  2021-04-13  8:32     ` Dmitry Vyukov
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Alan Stern @ 2021-04-01 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: syzbot
  Cc: a, alex.aring, b.a.t.m.a.n, davem, info, jkosina, kuba,
	linux-kernel, linux-wpan, mareklindner, netdev, stefan, sw,
	syzkaller-bugs

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 02:03:08PM -0700, syzbot wrote:
> syzbot has bisected this issue to:
> 
> commit 416dacb819f59180e4d86a5550052033ebb6d72c
> Author: Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
> Date:   Wed Aug 21 17:27:12 2019 +0000
> 
>     HID: hidraw: Fix invalid read in hidraw_ioctl
> 
> bisection log:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/bisect.txt?x=127430fcd00000
> start commit:   6e5a03bc ethernet/netronome/nfp: Fix a use after free in n..
> git tree:       net
> final oops:     https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/report.txt?x=117430fcd00000
> console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=167430fcd00000
> kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=daeff30c2474a60f
> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=fbf4fc11a819824e027b
> syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=13bfe45ed00000
> C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=1188e31ad00000
> 
> Reported-by: syzbot+fbf4fc11a819824e027b@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
> Fixes: 416dacb819f5 ("HID: hidraw: Fix invalid read in hidraw_ioctl")
> 
> For information about bisection process see: https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bisection

It seems likely that the bisection ran off the rails here.  This commit 
could not have caused a problem, although it may have revealed a 
pre-existing problem that previously was hidden.

By the way, what happened to the annotated stack dumps that syzkaller 
used to provide in its bug reports?

Alan Stern

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [syzbot] WARNING in ieee802154_del_seclevel
  2021-04-01 13:30   ` Alan Stern
@ 2021-04-13  8:32     ` Dmitry Vyukov
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Dmitry Vyukov @ 2021-04-13  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Stern
  Cc: syzbot, a, alex.aring, b.a.t.m.a.n, David Miller, info,
	Jiri Kosina, Jakub Kicinski, LKML, linux-wpan, mareklindner,
	netdev, stefan, sw, syzkaller-bugs

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 3:30 PM Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 02:03:08PM -0700, syzbot wrote:
> > syzbot has bisected this issue to:
> >
> > commit 416dacb819f59180e4d86a5550052033ebb6d72c
> > Author: Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
> > Date:   Wed Aug 21 17:27:12 2019 +0000
> >
> >     HID: hidraw: Fix invalid read in hidraw_ioctl
> >
> > bisection log:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/bisect.txt?x=127430fcd00000
> > start commit:   6e5a03bc ethernet/netronome/nfp: Fix a use after free in n..
> > git tree:       net
> > final oops:     https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/report.txt?x=117430fcd00000
> > console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=167430fcd00000
> > kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=daeff30c2474a60f
> > dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=fbf4fc11a819824e027b
> > syz repro:      https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.syz?x=13bfe45ed00000
> > C reproducer:   https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/repro.c?x=1188e31ad00000
> >
> > Reported-by: syzbot+fbf4fc11a819824e027b@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
> > Fixes: 416dacb819f5 ("HID: hidraw: Fix invalid read in hidraw_ioctl")
> >
> > For information about bisection process see: https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#bisection
>
> It seems likely that the bisection ran off the rails here.  This commit
> could not have caused a problem, although it may have revealed a
> pre-existing problem that previously was hidden.

Hi Alan,

Yes, bisection log shows it was derailed by:
KASAN: use-after-free Read in batadv_iv_ogm_queue_add
and:
BUG: MAX_LOCKDEP_CHAIN_HLOCKS too low!

https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/bisect.txt?x=127430fcd00000


> By the way, what happened to the annotated stack dumps that syzkaller
> used to provide in its bug reports?

Nothing has changed in this respect, they are still in bug reports:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/00000000000073afff05bbe9a54d@google.com/

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-02-22  9:44 WARNING in ieee802154_del_seclevel syzbot
2021-03-30 21:08 ` [syzbot] " syzbot
2021-03-31 21:03 ` syzbot
2021-04-01 13:30   ` Alan Stern
2021-04-13  8:32     ` Dmitry Vyukov

Linux-WPAN Archive on lore.kernel.org

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wpan/0 linux-wpan/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 linux-wpan linux-wpan/ https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wpan \
		linux-wpan@vger.kernel.org
	public-inbox-index linux-wpan

Example config snippet for mirrors

Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://nntp.lore.kernel.org/org.kernel.vger.linux-wpan


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git