linux-wpan.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* MAC Layer Beacon / Scan Code
@ 2020-08-27 16:59 Christopher Friedt
From: Christopher Friedt @ 2020-08-27 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wpan; +Cc: Stefan Schmidt, Michael Magyar

Hi everyone,

I thought it was lost after I moved on to a different employer, but my
former colleague Michael Magyar managed to dig up some work that we
had done back in 2015.

I unfortunately do not know if my branch still exists, but it looks
like his copy of it is still intact.

https://github.com/magyarm/bluetooth-next/tree/feature/nl802154-get-active-scan-req
https://github.com/magyarm/bluetooth-next/tree/feature/nl802154-beacon

We had some additional changes for wpan-tools. Hopefully we can find
those as well.

These changes should allow us to create something along the lines of
Network Manager for IEEE 802.15.4 or even to do some automated channel
joining, etc.

Let's keep this thread open and try to rebase patches & get some
patches posted for review soon.

Cheers,