Linux-XFS Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Need to slow things down for a few days...
@ 2020-07-23 17:21 Darrick J. Wong
From: Darrick J. Wong @ 2020-07-23 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xfs; +Cc: Christoph Hellwig, Allison Collins, Dave Chinner, Eric Sandeen

Hi everyone,

I wrenched my back last night (blah blah too much internal process
stress and sitting) and need a few days rest.  I still intend to make a
post-rc6 for-next push, though I've noticed that fstests runtime has
slipped by about 30%.

I can't tell if it's the result of iomap directio falling back to
buffered writes, or Carlos' kmem conversion, or even Allison's delayed
attrs series, but I'll know in a few hours.  I added all three a few
days ago to see what would happen. :P

In the meantime, I'll be hobbling along in the slow lane because sitting
down is not a good idea and I can only standing-desk it for so long. :(

--D

* Re: Need to slow things down for a few days...
@ 2020-07-24  7:36 ` Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2020-07-24  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darrick J. Wong
  Cc: xfs, Christoph Hellwig, Allison Collins, Dave Chinner, Eric Sandeen

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 10:21:13AM -0700, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I wrenched my back last night (blah blah too much internal process
> stress and sitting) and need a few days rest.  I still intend to make a
> post-rc6 for-next push, though I've noticed that fstests runtime has
> slipped by about 30%.
>
> I can't tell if it's the result of iomap directio falling back to
> buffered writes, or Carlos' kmem conversion, or even Allison's delayed
> attrs series, but I'll know in a few hours.  I added all three a few
> days ago to see what would happen. :P
>
> In the meantime, I'll be hobbling along in the slow lane because sitting
> down is not a good idea and I can only standing-desk it for so long. :(

Oh well, get better soon!