Linux-XFS Archive on lore.kernel.org
* [DEVEL] libxfs update timing for xfsprogs 5.8.0
@ 2020-07-24 19:08 Eric Sandeen
From: Eric Sandeen @ 2020-07-24 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-xfs; +Cc: Dave Chinner, Darrick J. Wong, Christoph Hellwig

At one point there was a little discussion about whether it might
be better to defer libxfs/ syncing to later in the release, rather
than doing it at the beginning.  I'm happy to do it either way.

Do we have a preference for 5.8.0, would one be better than the other
for anyone working on major xfsprogs updates?

(Darrick probably already has his work staged on top of a libxfs
sync, so there's that ...)

-Eric

* Re: [DEVEL] libxfs update timing for xfsprogs 5.8.0
@ 2020-07-24 19:21 ` Darrick J. Wong
From: Darrick J. Wong @ 2020-07-24 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Sandeen; +Cc: linux-xfs, Dave Chinner, Christoph Hellwig

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 12:08:21PM -0700, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> At one point there was a little discussion about whether it might
> be better to defer libxfs/ syncing to later in the release, rather
> than doing it at the beginning.  I'm happy to do it either way.
>
> Do we have a preference for 5.8.0, would one be better than the other
> for anyone working on major xfsprogs updates?
>
> (Darrick probably already has his work staged on top of a libxfs
> sync, so there's that ...)

I wouldn't mind if the xfs_repair quotacheck stuff went in before the
libxfs sync... :)

--D