linux-xfs.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Chandan Babu R <chandan.babu@oracle.com>
To: "Darrick J. Wong" <djwong@kernel.org>
Cc: xfs <linux-xfs@vger.kernel.org>,
	Chandan Babu R <chandanrlinux@gmail.com>,
	Allison Henderson <allison.henderson@oracle.com>,
	Dave Chinner <david@fromorbit.com>,
	Eric Sandeen <sandeen@redhat.com>,
	Carlos Maiolino <cmaiolino@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: kernel 5.16 sprint planning
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 17:37:27 +0530	[thread overview]

On 22 Sep 2021 at 08:32, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Now that the LPC fs track is over, I would like to take nominations for
> which patchsets do people think they'd like to submit for 5.16, as well
> as volunteers to review those submissions.
>
> I can think of a few things that /could/ be close to ready:
>
>  - Allison's logged xattrs (submitted for review during 5.15 and Dave
>    started playing around with it)
>
>  - Dave's logging parallelization patches (submitted during 5.14 but
>    pulled back at the last minute because of unrelated log recovery
>    issues uncovered)
>
>  - Chandan's large extent counter series, which requires the btree
>    cursor reworking that I sent last week

IMHO the following are the dependencies w.r.t large extent counter patch
series,
1. Any objections towards the approach taken by the patchset to allow
   upgrading older V5 filesystems.
2. "Btree cursor rework" patchset on which large extent counter patchset will
   be based on. If you think btree cursor rework patchset can be completed
   quickly enough to give me time (which shouldn't be more than a week) to
   rebase the large extent counter patch series and test it, then I think my
   patchset can be considered for merging.

One of the things that I missed was that bulkstat ioctl calls made by libfrog
had to check for the presence of XFS_FSOP_GEOM_FLAGS_NREXT64 before including
the newly defined XFS_BULK_IREQ_BULKSTAT and XFS_BULK_IREQ_BULKSTAT_NREXT64
flags in the bulkstat header. I have fixed it now.

>  - A patchset from me to reduce sharply the size of transaction
>    reservations when rmap and reflink are enabled.
>
> Would anyone like to add items to this list, or remove items?
>
> For each of the items /not/ authored by me, I ask the collaborators on
> each: Do you intend to submit this for consideration for 5.16?  And do
> you have any reviewers in mind?
>
> For everyone else: Do you see something you'd like to see land in 5.16?
> Would you be willing to pair off with the author(s) to conduct a review?

I can work on reviewing delayed xattrs and associated patchsets (e.g. Dave's
intent whiteout series).

--
chandan