On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 10:02 AM Linus Torvalds wrote: > > Here's the first patch anyway. If you actually have a test-case where > this matters, I guess I need to apply it now.. Actually, I removed the "__page_mapcount()" part of that patch, to keep it minimal and _only_ do remove the wrprotect trick. We can do the __page_mapcount() optimization and the mm sequence count for 5.10 (although so far nobody has actually written the seqcount patch - I think it would be a trivial few-liner, but I guess it won't make 5.10 at this point). So here's what I ended up with. Linus