On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 12:32:52PM -0500, Madhavan T. Venkataraman wrote: > I have followed the example in the Kprobe deny list. I place the section > in initdata so it can be unloaded during boot. This means that I need to > copy the information before that in early_initcall(). > If the initialization must be performed on first use, I probably have to > move SYM_CODE_FUNCTIONS from initdata to some other place where it will > be retained. > If you prefer this, I could do it this way. No, I think if people are fine with this for kprobes they should be fine with it here too and if not we can always incrementally improve performance - let's just keep things simple and easy to understand for now.