live-patching.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Jiri Kosina <jikos@kernel.org>
To: Josh Poimboeuf <jpoimboe@redhat.com>,
	Miroslav Benes <mbenes@suse.cz>, Petr Mladek <pmladek@suse.com>,
	Nicolai Stange <nstange@suse.com>,
	Joe Lawrence <joe.lawrence@redhat.com>,
	Jason Baron <jbaron@akamai.com>, Gabriel Gomes <gagomes@suse.com>,
	Alice Ferrazzi <alice.ferrazzi@gmail.com>,
	Michael Matz <matz@suse.de>,
	Kamalesh Babulal <kamalesh@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Cc: ulp-devel@opensuse.org, live-patching@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Live patching MC at LPC2020?
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 14:20:52 +0100 (CET)	[thread overview]

Hi everybody,

oh well, it sounds a bit awkward to be talking about any conference plans
for this year given how the corona things are untangling in the world, but
LPC planning committee has issued (a) statement about Covid-19 (b) call
for papers (as originally planned) nevertheless. Please see:

	https://linuxplumbersconf.org/
	https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/abstracts/

for details.

Under the asumption that this Covid nuisance is over by that time and
travel is possible (and safe) again -- do we want to eventually submit a
livepatching miniconf proposal again?

I believe there are still kernel related topics on our plate (like revised
handling of the modules that has been agreed on in Lisbon and Petr has
started to work on, the C parsing effort by Nicolai, etc), and at the same
time I'd really like to include the new kids on the block too -- the
userspace livepatching folks (CCing those I know for sure are working on
it).

So, please if you have any opinion one way or the other, please speak up.
Depending on the feedback, I will be fine handling the logistics of the
miniconf submission as last year (together with Josh I guess?) unless
someone else wants to step up and volunter himself :)

(*) which is totally unclear, yes -- for example goverment in my country
    has been talking for border closure lasting for 1+ years ... but it
    all depends on how things develop of course).

Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs