From: "Christian Bornträger" <linux-kernel@borntraeger.net>
To: "Thomas Molina" <tmolina@home.com>,
	"Rachel Greenham" <rachel@linuxgrrls.org>
Cc: <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: VIA KT133A crash *post* 2.4.3-ac6
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 16:13:45 +0200	[thread overview]

> I'm certainly willing to provide any data it's decided is necessary to
> collect to make the correlations.  I'll even volunteer to be the
.
> bit different - I have the hard drive on the promise interface (ide2) and

If possible, can you remove the hard disc from the promise and attach it on
the VIA-Controller and test if the problem still occurs? (prepare a bootdisc
if you cannot boot. Propably, you have to pass a new root-partition to the
kernel)
I hardly believe that the promise controller has some problems with the new
VIA setup introduced in 2.4.3-ac7. Using the promise ports of the A7V133 is
the only correlation I see again and again...

--
PS: Sorry for using outlook, but sometimes you use an computer you doesn´t
own. :-)