From: "Namjae Jeon" <namjae.jeon@samsung.com>
To: "'LKML'" <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>, <linux-fsdevel@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: "'Hyunchul Lee'" <hyc.lee@gmail.com>,
	"'Eric Sandeen'" <sandeen@sandeen.net>,
	"'Sedat Dilek'" <sedat.dilek@gmail.com>,
	"'Goldwyn Rodrigues'" <rgoldwyn@suse.de>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] exfatprogs-1.0.2 version released
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 17:49:08 +0900	[thread overview]

This is the second release of exfatprogs since the initial version(1.0.1).
We have received various feedbacks and patches since the previous release
and applied them in this release. Thanks for feedback and patches!

According to Goldwyn's comments, We renamed the project name from
exfat-utils to exfatprogs. However, There is an opinion that just renaming
the name is not enough. Because the binary names(mkfs.exfat, fsck.exfat)
still are same with ones in current exfat-utils RPM package.

If that's real problem, We are considering a long jump with 2.0.0 when adding
repair feature.

Any feedback is welcome!:)

The major changes in this release:
 * Rename project name to exfatprogs.
 * label.exfat: Add support for label.exfat to set/get exfat volume label.
 * Replace iconv library by standard C functions mbstowcs() and wcrtomb().
 * Fix the build warnings/errors and add warning options.
 * Fix several bugs(memory leak, wrong endian conversion, zero out beyond end of file) and cleanup codes
 * Fix issues on big endian system and on 32bit system.
 * Add support for Android build system.

The git tree is at:
      https://github.com/exfatprogs/exfatprogs

The tarballs can be found at: