----- Original Message ----- From: "Marcelo Tosatti" To: "Jim Gifford" Cc: "lkml" Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 7:48 AM Subject: 2.4.22-pre5 deadlock > > > On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Jim Gifford wrote: > > > I started linux-2.4.22-pre5 at 1:00am it stopped at 8:00am, with no error > > messages. I did enable sysrq keys here is the information. > > Jim, > > Can you please use ksymoops and your System.map to convert the backtraces > to human readable format? > > You're not using quota, so you are not hitting the quota/ext3 deadlock. > > Any ideas on what I should be looking for. I sent the backtraces a few days back, pre6 just locked up after 20 hours. For the heck of things, I logged the building of the kernel, I didn't notice to many problems, I have attached the build log figuring it may help decipher the problem.