On Mon, 2022-08-08 at 09:16 -0700, Dave Hansen wrote: > On 8/8/22 04:03, Ingo Molnar wrote: > > > Again, I don't believe this is too much overhead but I don't want > > > people > > > to say it was not discussed. > > Is it necessary to do this, what are the alternatives, can this > > overhead be > > avoided? > > I'm thinking that the whole racy smp_processor_id() thing wasn't so > bad > in the first place. > FWIW, just grabbing the CPU number in show_signal_msg() appears to be good enough for our use.  It will typically show >90% of the errors happening on the CPU core that went bad, which is more than enough to diagnose  that a server has a hardware issue and should probably have the CPU repaired. -- All Rights Reversed.