* REUSE/SPDX: Invalid LicenseRef in Linux sources
@ 2019-08-09  9:30 Charlemagne Lasse
From: Charlemagne Lasse @ 2019-08-09  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LKML
  Cc: Thomas Gleixner, Basil Peace, Carmen Bianca Bakker,
	Greg Kroah-Hartman, Keith Maxwell, Matija Šuklje

When I run the reuse lint tool on the current linux sources, I get
following error

reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
LICENSES/deprecated/GPL-1.0, resolving to LicenseRef-Unknown0
reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
LICENSES/exceptions/GCC-exception-2.0, resolving to
LicenseRef-Unknown1
reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
LICENSES/preferred/LGPL-2.0, resolving to LicenseRef-Unknown2
reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
LICENSES/preferred/LGPL-2.1, resolving to LicenseRef-Unknown3
reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
LICENSES/preferred/GPL-2.0, resolving to LicenseRef-Unknown4
reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
LICENSES/dual/Apache-2.0, resolving to LicenseRef-Unknown5
reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
LICENSES/dual/MPL-1.1, resolving to LicenseRef-Unknown6
reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
LICENSES/dual/CDDL-1.0, resolving to LicenseRef-Unknown7

Can you please help to fix the problem

Thanks

* Re: REUSE/SPDX: Invalid LicenseRef in Linux sources
@ 2019-08-09  9:43 ` Greg Kroah-Hartman
From: Greg Kroah-Hartman @ 2019-08-09  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charlemagne Lasse
  Cc: LKML, Thomas Gleixner, Basil Peace, Carmen Bianca Bakker,

On Fri, Aug 09, 2019 at 11:30:44AM +0200, Charlemagne Lasse wrote:
> When I run the reuse lint tool on the current linux sources, I get
> following error
>
> reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
> LICENSES/deprecated/GPL-1.0, resolving to LicenseRef-Unknown0
> reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
> LICENSES/exceptions/GCC-exception-2.0, resolving to
> LicenseRef-Unknown1
> reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
> LICENSES/preferred/LGPL-2.0, resolving to LicenseRef-Unknown2
> reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
> LICENSES/preferred/LGPL-2.1, resolving to LicenseRef-Unknown3
> reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
> LICENSES/preferred/GPL-2.0, resolving to LicenseRef-Unknown4
> reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
> LICENSES/dual/Apache-2.0, resolving to LicenseRef-Unknown5
> reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
> LICENSES/dual/MPL-1.1, resolving to LicenseRef-Unknown6
> reuse.project - WARNING - Could not resolve SPDX identifier of
> LICENSES/dual/CDDL-1.0, resolving to LicenseRef-Unknown7
>
> Can you please help to fix the problem

Please fix the reuse tool, I don't see this being a kernel issue, it has
never said it follows the spec put forth by the reuse project.

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: REUSE/SPDX: Invalid LicenseRef in Linux sources
@ 2019-08-09 12:14 ` Carmen Bianca Bakker
From: Carmen Bianca Bakker @ 2019-08-09 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charlemagne Lasse, LKML
  Cc: Thomas Gleixner, Basil Peace, Greg Kroah-Hartman, Keith Maxwell,