On Saturday 14 January 2012 23:10:05 Grazvydas Ignotas wrote: > Hi, > > After 270968c0984ae "bq27x00_battery: Fix reporting status value for > bq27500 battery" status doesn't seem to be reported correctly when the > battery is close to fully charged state. It reports "Not charging" > while in fact there is >130mA current flowing to the battery according > to current_now. > > This status report seems to be based on CHG bit in status register, > but looking at the datasheet the description says "(Fast) charging > allowed", which I guess means that the chip recommends charging and > not that charging is actually going on? If you check the bit while > battery is discharging and it's not full, the bit is also set. Now I do not have device with bq27500 chip for testing. I read datasheet again and I think that your interpretation may be correct. Can you write patch for this problem and test it? -- Pali Rohár pali.rohar@gmail.com