Kernel 2.4.18-X (RedHat version) AMD MP 1900 CPU's APM is enabled in the BIOS, yet the kernel presumably disables it with a message along the lines of unsafe for dual CPU's (apologies, don't have the box in front of me). The result, as far as I can tell, is that the machine doesn't power off when executing a shutdown/init 0. It simply displays the "Power Down" message and sits there. Booting with the "apm=power-off" flag doesn't seem to have any effect. Could someone enlighten me as to what's up? -- Homepage: http://interclypse.net Registered Linux user #215241 (http://counter.li.org/)