I've been having an interesting experience getting sym53c8xx_2 working on ppc64 now that highio is in place. Of course ppc64 doesn't need highio, and it does set blk_nohighio = 1 in setup_arch(). So the sym53c8xx driver works. However, sym53c8xx_2 fails because after calling scsi_register() in its attach it blindly slams highmem_io on (in sym_glue.c). Is this correct? It seems to me that it should just leave it alone since scsi_register already handled that. I might be misunderstanding something here. Is there anything else a 64-bit arch must do for highio? I found we also weren't setting max_pfn which seemed bad...though maybe irrelevant. The trivial patch to fix it is attached, but I haven't tested it on a system that supports highio. -todd