* isofs forcing cruft on volset# > 1
@ 2002-09-24  5:23 Frank v Waveren
From: Frank v Waveren @ 2002-09-24  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Currently the isofs driver forces the 'cruft' option (which does some
nasty stuff like setting maximum filesize to 16mb to salvage malformed
filesystems) on filesystems that have a volume set sequence number
which is not 0 or 1. (linux/fs/isofs/inode.c:1273)

This has been brought up twice here, and gotten no replies. Could
someone please give a reason why we can't accept volume set sequence
numbers, even if we're not exporting them to userspace in any way?

If no-one has a any reasons why not I'll ask hpa to remove the check
or as Stanislav Brabec (utx@penguin.cz) suggested replace it by
testing if the highest byte of the sequence number is set, if this
helps detect some broken images (though I am hesitant to mark any
valid filesystem as cruft just on some heuristic that may be wrong,
even though having more than 16777215 CD's in a set does seem unlikely).

--
Frank v Waveren                                      Fingerprint: 0EDB 8787
fvw@[var.cx|stack.nl|dse.nl|chello.nl] ICQ#10074100     09B9 6EF5 6425 B855

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-09-24  5:17 UTC | newest]