Am Don, 2002-09-26 um 08.25 schrieb Ryan Cumming: > Before I go again, any suggestions on how to reliably capture these error > messages? Because the filesystem goes read-only immediately, > /var/log/messages is hardly useful. Indeed, but I'd wonder why someone whould start syslogd on a r/o filesystem, so probably /var/log/messages is not used at this time anyway. You could set up syslogd to do remote logging to another machine and fire it up before the troubles to capture anything. But of course this requires a) another machine b) syslog set up on both sides for remote logging c) a working network An alternative would be to mount another disk with a different filesystem (reiserfs/FAT) and log to there. -- Servus, Daniel