Hi When I boot into 2.5.39 I get a kernel panic (killing interrupt) almost immediately after the loading kernel message (so this oops is not on the logs). This is a call trace I manage to write down. do_exit die do_page_fault elv_queue_empty choose_drive ide_do_request do_page_fault error_code scsi_decide_disposition scsi_softirq tasklet_hi_action (I think this spelling is right my handwriting is not that good ;) do_softirq so_IRQ common_interrupt acpi_processor_idle common_interrupt acpi_processor_idle .... I am using ide-scsi (which I think cause the oops), because the first time I saww the Oops it was on scsi_decide_disposition. After a couple of reboots this scrolls two lines higher though so I'm not 100% sure that they all occur in that function. But all the traces includes it. I have attached my .config file. If you need more info please let me know. Thanx