On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 02:32, Andy Pfiffer wrote: (Beowulf support) also relies on this ability. > > Or at least "kmonte" trick to load and switch to a new kernel. > > The last kmonte that I worked with would preserve, then overwrite, > sys_call_table[__NT_reboot] with a pointer to it's version of reboot() > when the kmonte module was loaded. > > If asked to unload, the original version of reboot() was restored prior > to being unloaded. this actually gets very messy if you have ANOTHER module that tries to do the same at the same time.... I wonder why kmonte can't just use a reboot notifier.... existing infrastructure already ;(