On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 15:54, Felix von Leitner wrote: > I just added sysenter support for linux-2.5 on x86 to the diet libc, but > I noted that the original patch said user space should jump to > 0xfffff000, which segfaults. Jumping to 0xffffe000 works. > > I suggest adding a comment somewhere in the kernel about the proper > calling convention, because the glibc code is frankly not readable in > this regard. you HAVE to use the location as specified with the AT_SYSINFO elf flag. The kernel is free to move this address around between builds, as long as AT_SYSINFO gives the address for the location.