In article <20030525210509.09429aaa.l.s.r@web.de>, René Scharfe wrote: > >Anyway, I corrected this. Patch below contains a "BSD-compatible" version, >and also a strlcat(). Ok, I did my own versions, since (a) I had already started and your patches wouldn't apply, and (b) I hate adding a zillion lines of extra copyright notices for a 5-line function and (c) I think your patch had EXPORT_SYMBOL wrong. In particular, if any architecture ever decides to roll their own version of strlcpy/strlcat, the EXPORT_SYMBOL() in ksyms.c would be the wrong thing to do. The current BK tree has my totally untested versions of these functions ("Famous last words: 'how hard can it be?'"), along with what I think is the proper way to export them. Linus