On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 14:39, Derek Fawcus wrote: > I can't say I'm too suprised. > > This is fuzy recall, but I seem to remember reading that 802.11? mini-PCI > cards are not type approved (radio licence) by themselves, but only in > combination with the system they are to be fitted in. > > Hence they're not supposed to be available retail (now someone'll go and > point out where they are :-) Eerh, dumb question here: Is this MiniPCI Wlan cards in general or how ? I ask, because i've seen MiniPCI Wlan cards and i've seen cards that in fact are PC-Card Wlan cards and a PC-Card-to-PCI bridge put together on a MiniPCI card, just adding another PC-Card slot to your notebook and inserting a Wlan card there (Dell TrueMobile 1150). Regards, Martin List-Petersen martin at list-petersen dot dk -- Operating Systems Installed: * Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 4 CD Set ($20 from www.chguy.net; price includes taxes, shipping, and a $3 donation to FSF). 2 CDs are binaries, 2 CDs complete source code; * Windows 98 Second Edition Upgrade Version ($136 through Megadepot.com, price does not include taxes/shipping). Surprisingly, no source code is included. -- Bill Stilwell, http://linuxtoday.com/stories/8794.html