On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 05:26, Con Kolivas wrote: > Here is an updated version of the O1int patch designed to improve > interactivity. > > This change addresses the difficulty of new tasks in heavy load being > recognised as interactive by decreasing the amount of time considered in the > interactivity equation, but dropping that decrease exponentially till it gets > to the MAX_SLEEP_AVG. > > This should improve the startup time of new apps in heavy load and lessen > audio stalls when loads are high _and_ then the audio app is started. > > Please test and comment. > > Con Well, I've just been following this thread and I choose to make a small patch against your O1 int to export the scheduler tuning knobs via sysctl. This patch will create /proc/sys/kernel/sched_tuning and expose all the knobs, sou you guys don't have to recompile and reboot just to change, say, max_sleep_avg. Don't know if anybody will find it useful, but at least it doesn't hurts :-) It should apply cleanly against plain 2.5.73, altough I didn't tested. wrt your patch, I must admit I didn't feel any difference from vanilla 2.5.73, but this feeling isn't much scientific 8). I will do some serious tests tomorrow if I find any time. Roberto