From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>
To: Marcelo Tosatti <marcelo@conectiva.com.br>
Cc: ajoshi@kernel.crashing.org, lkml <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: radeonfb patch for 2.4.22...
Date: 15 Jul 2003 09:44:13 +0200	[thread overview]

> > Which is what the original 0.1.8 patch included, his fixes were included.
>
> Ah really? I though that his changes were not merged in your 0.1.8 patch.
>
> So can I just revert his patch and accept your instead that all of his
> stuff is in ? Whoaa, great.

No. 0.1.8 lacks a lot of my stuffs

> I prefer playing no silly games in the 2.4 stable series, as I've been
> trying to do so far. If you had accepted Ben's changes in the first place
> I wouldnt need to apply his patch.
>
> Ben is very interested in maintaining the driver, AFAIK. Is that
> correct, Ben?
>
> Are you interested in giving up maintenance?
>
> For me it doenst matter who maintains the driver, as long as it is well
> maintained.

I could take over if Ani wants to give up, though I would prefer a
dedicated maintainer with more time to do the necessary rewrite of
this driver in 2.6 and later, which I don't have time to do right
now, however, I can maintain the existing code base if necessary.

Ben.