Am Di, 2003-07-15 um 20.32 schrieb Dimitry V. Ketov: > > You can already use Device-Mapper to create "partitions" on > > your loop devices, > You're right but I want _partitions_ but not "partitions" ;) > It should appears like a real hardware disk, not virtual one. I just hacked up an ugly small shell script, that uses sfdisk and dmsetup to create the partition devices over any block device. Just dmsetup-partitions /dev/loop0 or something. It will then create devices /dev/mapper/loop0p1, etc... just like hda1 and so on. To remove them use "dmsetup remove loop0p1", etc... -- Christophe Saout Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html