* KERN_ERR "ide: late registration of driver."
@ 2003-07-23 22:14 Yoav Weiss
From: Yoav Weiss @ 2003-07-23 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Recently installed 2.4.22-pre7 on 2 boxes here.

During boot, I always get the message "ide: late registration of driver."
which comes from ide.c:2234:ide_register_driver().

Seems like drivers_run is already set by the time ide_register_driver get
called.  Following the logic of that driver, it makes sense.  ide_init()
gets called early and inits the ide.  (banner: "Uniform Multi-Platform
E-IDE driver...").  ide_register_driver() is never used inside the driver
but is exported and called after partition check, way down the line.

Therefore, I don't see why the late registration is an error.  Am I
missing something ?

And if its not an error, it shouldn't be printed as KERN_ERR.  When
booting the kernel with the 'quiet' option, thats the only message
printed.

	Yoav Weiss