Hi! I tried the linux-sound list without luck, so I try this list. I'm having recording troubles with my computer. I say my computer, because I've already tried 3 different sound cards, and 2 kernels, with strange results. I'll focus on my actual configuration, so I can debug the problem. I have a SB16 Awe ISA, and I tried the OSS drivers with 2.6.0-test1. I have a VIAC686 motherboard, with a K7 650Mhz processor. The sample program I attach, do record the sound. Please notice the commented snip that doesn't work, it is stopping a lot of programs from working. Also, if I try doing a cat /dev/dsp > bla.raw the result file is full of 7F's (doesn't hear anything). This is just a sample of the problems I have with lots of other recording programs. Can you help me debug this? What should I do? What information should I reunite? Please reply to my own address, since I'm not subscribed to the list. TIA!! -- Whip it, baby. Whip it right. Whip it, baby. Whip it all night!