On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 05:26, Russell King wrote: > Which kernel exhibited this behaviour, and which was the last kernel > which didn't? Sorry, can't believe I forgot this- this is with 2.6-test2-bk3. I'll have info on which kernel was the last to not exhibit this behavior tonight, I hope (school, work, etc. in the way). > Also, there should be other messages about pcmcia around that area - > it would be helpful to include those in your report. Just IDE messages. Booting without the mentioned options, if I let it sit long enough, I get the following message quite a few times: swapper: page allocation failure. order:0, mode:0x20 Also, if I hit the power button while it's frozen, it continues booting- obvious problem with ACPI/PCMCIA, I suppose? Today it's actually sometimes booting to init without the pci/acpi options (it seems to depend on whether I have a card in the slot, actually), but at some point I get the following never-ending series of errors: ACPI-0398: *** Error: acpi_ev_gpe_dispatch: No handler or method for GPE[xx], disabling event Thanks for helping me help. ;-)