On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 20:13, Jan Rychter wrote: > From http://news.com.com/2100-1006-993896.html: > > Intel plans Linux support for Centrino > > Intel is working on Linux support for Centrino, its package of chips for > mobile computers with wireless networking abilities, but the company > hasn't yet decided how or when to release it. > > That was on March 24, 2003. > > Well, that was almost 5 months ago. So I figured I'd ask if there's any > progress -- so far the built-in wireless in my notebook still doesn't > work with Linux and the machine is monstrously power-hungry because > Linux doesn't scale the CPU frequency. > > I know there are some Intel people on the list -- perhaps someone can > comment? Status: Wlan - not supported CPU - CPUfreq (-ac tree) and ACPI throttling work just fine. I've got my Pentium M running at 600 MHz when the Power Supply is plugged out. Regards, Martin List-Petersen martin at list-petersen dot se -- for ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!!