Am Mon, den 03.11.2003 schrieb Benjamin Herrenschmidt um 01:45: > You can't expect a machine just released a couple of weeks ago by > Apple to be fully supported by linux, do you ? :) not? ;) > If it's a new Mobility 9600 machine, then I expect my 2.6 tree > (bk://ppc.bkbits.net/linuxppc-2.5-benh or rsync from source.mvista.com) > to work, though the actual backlight "scale" may not be fully correct > yet. Interesting, will try. I've a whole bunch of more pressing problems with my new baby, though. X is completely broken, no matter which X modelines I configure I get nothing but sizzle on the screen, it seems that the mode setup for the LVDS with the 9600 Mobility is bork. The clock scaling of the CPU also doesn't work; interestingly at 867 MHz it's not much faster the my old Ti PB 500 in dnetc RC-5 though the overall system has a lot faster design. Also I cannot boot it automatically from network because holding down N at bootup will not pick up a DHCP address, so I have to type quite a bit in OF. :( If you need any info about the system I'd be glad to help you out. -- Servus, Daniel