Am Don, den 06.11.2003 schrieb Benjamin Herrenschmidt um 01:28: > No, I told you to use _my_ 2.6 tree which contains a new radeonfb > that have not yet been merged upstream. Still cannot try this because your kernel wouldn't even survive yaboot. > > BTW: It took me quite a while to figure out that the only working image > > with yaboot was the zImage.chrp. The normal vmlinux doesn't contain a > > valid ELF signature (according to yaboot) and the seemingly obvious > > vmlinux.elf-pmac goes boom while trying to decompress the kernel. > Ugh ? > Yaboot normally loads a plain vmlinux, though if you are using tftp, you > need to modify yaboot to be able to d/l more than 4Mb (edit fs_of.c and > change the allocated size). The ELF image should work, at least the > one produced by my tree does, it's possible that there's a similar size > problem with the one in Linus tree, a few of those recent changes haven't > yet made it to Linus. With your tree I now have the problem that it doesn't even boot anymore. The CHRP kernel which worked before stopped after "CHRP kernel loader...", the elf-pmac one still crashes with: Elf32 kernel loaded... chrpboot starting: loaded at 0x01000000 heap at 0x00003000 gunzipping (0x00010000 <- 0x01006cf8:0x01155486)... Decrementer exception at %SRR0: 01005804 %SRR1: 00003030 ok 0 > -- Servus, Daniel