but I wonder why the frambuffer gets messy too, I've heard that it's pretty normal that X crashes sometimes under high load, but this of course don't happen with your patch, I'm using debian sid, and of course, I like to live on the edge. And I don't see why I should report this, while it works now. Regards, Markus On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 11:14, Nick Piggin wrote: > Well yes its possible that my scheduler is better at hiding some bug. It > wouldn't be fixing anything, of course. It definitely was better at > exposing a kernel or postgresql bug when running OSDL's PostgreSQL tests - > I saw the crash 3 times I think, though never with standard kernel. > > I don't know how you should be reporting X crashes. I guess you could report > the bug to the XFree86 guys as per their guidelines if you can reproduce the > crashes with an up to date 2.4 kernel. > > Nick -- "Software is like sex, it's better when it's free." Markus Hästbacka