Dear all, Please cc replies to me directly, as I currently not a member of any of the lists. I'm having DRI problem on my IBM Thinkpad T30 with Radeon 7500. Sometimes it works, oftenly it doesnt. Withoud "Load dri" in XF86Config-4, it work just fine. For first information, I got this problem too under WindowsXP, even worse, it hangs after few seconds I login, sometimes, it doesn't let me login at all and just printing some messages on BSOD so fast, I cannot even see what it was actually printing. I just disabled the VideoCard and uses Vesa instead. I rarely need to do winboot afterall. But when I try DRI on my Debian-Unstable Linuxbox. It doesn't work either. Sure it sometimes work, but it just hangs my machine after a while, no keyboar, no mouse, no network. And I can figure out why does it work sometimes. The best guests I have is that, it works after I switch off the laptop completely, put out the battery for a seconds, put it back in, switch on and try to startx on a regular user account. But I'm not sure, as I do several kernel-recompiling with different kernel version (2.6.0-test9-mm4, 2.6.0-test10-mm1, 2.6.0-test11), and different configuration (disabled/enabled framebuffer, disabled/enabled preempt, disabled/enabled ACPI) to try to solve the issue. But still no clue. The system is: linux-2.6.0-test10 with mm1 patches compiled using gcc-2.95. XFree86 Version 4.3.0.1 (Debian 4.3.0-0pre1v4 from experimental) X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6. Attached is my kernel.config, dmesg output, and XFree.0.log. If anymore info needed, I will provide it. I'm curious if this is an hardware bug? Anyone with experiences? Best Regards. -- arief_mulya Peace is Beautiful.