On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 05:25, Christoph Hellwig wrote: > On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 10:23:31AM -0500, Chris Mason wrote: > > > P.S. this patch now kills 16 lines of kernel code summarized :) > > > > > > > It looks good, I'll give it a try. > > ping? I've seen you merged the old patch into the suse tree, and having > shipping distros with incompatible APIs doesn't sound exactly like a good > idea.. Christoph's vfs patch looks good, I've stripped out the XFS bits (FS parts should probably be in different patches) and made one small change. freeze/thaw now check to make sure bdev != NULL. On the device mapper side, I had to add a struct super_block pointer to the dm struct and changed it to pin the bdev struct during the freeze. Before, it could go away due to bdput, leading to deadlock when someone else got a bdev struct with bd_mount_sem held. New patches attached, along with an incremental to clearly show my changes to the dm patch. -chris