On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 18:34:26 +1100, James Morris said: > Can you post your .config ? The gzip'ed config as of when I quit bisecting is attached. It's probably not directly usable unless you have a quilt tree that's positioned fairly close to git-lblnet.patch. > Also, is that the plain upstream Tcl package you're compiling, or a distro > package? It's actually a CVS pull of the upstream, but tcl 8.5 was released back on 12/19, and there's nothing obvious in the 4 commits since then. So you should be able to snarf a 8.5 source tarball, untar it, 'cd tcl/unix', run ./configure, make, make test, and that should replicate it - the 'socket' test hangs quite consistently for me, and a few earlier ones *sometimes* hang.