Hello all, I'm in the process of debugging S3 on my notebook and found out that I can resume from S3 with every kernel up to (and including) 2.6.7-rc1 ( patch-2.6.6-bk8-bk9.bz2 ). After 2.6.7-rc1, my notebook freezes upon a resume from S3. Tested with 2.6.7-rc2, -rc3, 2.6.8.1, 2.6.9 and some 2.6.10-rcX-bkX kernels. Please note that these tests were run in single user mode with a barebone kernel .config (attached) just enough to boot (ie no modules, no usb etc) I have found a hint on the web that the pci-resume code, which was included in 2.6.7-rc2, might cause this problem. I removed the call to pci_default_resume in drivers/pci/pci-driver.c and my laptop resumed into a working state again ( tested with 2.6.7 and 2.6.9 ). I've written an email to Arjan van de Ven, the author of the resume patch and he suggested positing here, along with a full lspci output (attached) He thinks that some device is misbehaving and causing trouble if resumed. I have the bad feeling that the device in question is the built-in video card "ATI Technologies Inc RV250 5c63 [Radeon Mobility 9200 M9+] (rev 01)" since every try to re-enable it after a resume failed. The screen just stays dark, even with acpi_sleep=s3_mode. s3_bios freezes the machine on a resume, as does resuming with radeonfb or accelerated X (DRI or fglrx). Not even the boot-radeon tool helps. It either freezes the machine, or just doesn't work. In the meantime, I'm using the attached patch which disables the new pci-resume code. Thanks -- Matthias Hentges Cologne / Germany [www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated ICQ: 97 26 97 4 -> No files, no URL's My OS: Debian SID. Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice