Chris, Please apply this debug patch and boot with apic=debug acpi_dbg_level=1 If the disabled floppy hardware doesn't cause the floppy.c to hang the system, (or if running Linus' recent floppy.c update, if the floppy.c doesn't nuke IRQ6) then please send me the dmesg. Then try with apic=debug pci=routeirq and capture that dmesg. If the patch makes no functional difference, then please add pci=routeirq to the cmdline above and send me that dmesg. apic=debug enables print_PIC() so we can see what the BIOS gave us, and what we do to the PIC. acpi_dbg_level=1 will prevent ACPI from blindly disabling the PCI Interrupt Link Devices, which I'm guessing may be confusing the BIOS on this box. if you can send me the acpidmp and lspci -vv for this box, that would help too. thanks, -Len